Thursday, November 4, 2010

Pick of the Week: Pond's Gold Radiance Line

A little note: So... it has been quite awhile. Honestly I didn't know if I'd ever get it together enough for me to start blogging again, what with the end of the year approaching and the crazy final quarter schedule I've had. Many happenings lately, but I realized I missed this after getting a little bit of recognition for one of my other blogs... nothing like a really great compliment to make your day and jumpstart a flagging blogger career. Anyway, here goes!



I don't know what it is about brand new products that makes me think it's Christmas morning. Maybe it's the unfamiliar shiny packaging, and the promises of "youth, glowing skin, radiance, precious minerals". Or maybe it's just the fact that it has the potential to be a product that I will use FOREVER (THE product, the golden ticket to perfection!).. Regardless of what it is, the jolt I felt when I came home a few weeks ago to find a GOLDEN BOX on my bed was unmistakable. For some reason Ponds decided to send us quite a collection of items from their Gold Radiance line. The box included the spf15 day cream, eye cream, serum and face wash. Of course, the first thing I looked at was the serum - it has little pieces of gold foil suspended in its gel-like formula. And thennnnn I looked for the little pamphlets that normally accompany such items and what I read was sort of...lacking. It basically said that it was a youth rejuvenating serum with precious gold particles. Period. After further research, I came across this press release:
"Pond’s Gold Radiance is the first Pond’s product which has real gold micro particles. These gold micro particles is blended with Pond’s patented anti-aging ingredients which in harmony fights dullness and recaptures youthful radiance and gives instant glow to the skin.
The gold micro particles used in Pond’s Gold Radiance is 99% real gold which has known good effects on skin. Gold as a natural mineral is known to give instant radiance to the skin while enhancing skin’s renewal process (replacing dead skin cells with new healthier ones) and skin elasticity (ability of the skin to go back to normal state once stretched)."
Well I've tried less glamorous things, and I must say it really intrigued me when I realized that I would be exfoliating with micro particles of gold so of course, I gave it a go immediately. And this is what I've got to say!

The face wash? Amazing. You can feel the little granules sloughing off dead/dull skin in a gentle way. It truly does wonders in a matter of seconds. This is a repeat buy for sure. It can rival even your old favorites like St. Ives Apricot Scrub or the Philosophy Micro-delivery scrub. 

The serum - Okay, I wanted so badly to love this but I just don't. First of all, I don't see any difference or smoothness when I put this on as a base to my tinted moisturizer. It's very pretty to look at, with its La Prarie-esque applicator and gold specks, but it's totally useless for someone who needs substance over frivolity.

The spf15 day cream - Wow! Very subtle but skin-improving gleam. Definitely something you can wear under make-up or alone for a dewy look that is hard to achieve with most products. I'd prefer it if the spf quotient was higher but I'm not about to be picky when you look that good.

The eye cream - It seems to have a very similar formulation to the day cream in the sense that it has exactly the same amount of sheen, but the thickness suggests that maybe they were trying to prove that it still had all the original functions of a good eye cream (aka anti-ageing or skin improving). It's just okay for me, nothing spectacular, but then again I didn't have to go buy it so I'll mix it into my regimen when I feel like I need it.

All in all I think that this line will excite consumers. Normally you'd hear people talk about the escalating price of gold and how luxurious it is to use such minerals in products just for beautification. Most of the brands that carry these ingredients aren't at all affordable to young working women, but Ponds has changed that! I'm not sure what the local price range is, but I'll write an update to let you know. Now all you have to do is figure out which item catches your fancy when you see it for yourself in stores!




No comments:

Post a Comment