Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thistle Guevara


Thistle, 21.
model/radio broadcaster/youth advocate/
dancer of all sorts/artist/workout fanatic
Photo by: Harley Tiu

To look like THAT and create a super positive mindset, 
I suggest you read what comes after the jump!






 ***My Top Make-up products:***

1. Shiseido tinted moisturizer in Deep Fonce
2. MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC35
3. C.O. Bigelow Mint Lip Gloss
4. The Balm Bahama Mama Bronzer
5. Estee Lauder Magnascopic Mascara
6. Maybelline Mascaras (They’re the best!)
7. MAC Studio Fix Foundations in NC40, and NC42 or NC43
8. Clinique Brow Shaper in Charcoaled



***My skincare/bodycare/haircare essentials:***

1. Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 50: Ever since I found out that skin-aging from the sun doesn’t just take place during summer, I made sure I slather on SPF everyday. This has broad spectrum coverage, is waterproof and very lightweight [unlike other sunscreens], perfect for humid weather! :)
2. Celeteque Face Wash: I have combination skin that is very sensitive so I need a facial wash that is gentle enough but still could get rid of dirt and grime. And since I workout a lot, I tend to finish off a tube of face wash really fast! Good thing this is a really affordable yet gentle product on my skin! :)
3. Cetaphil Lotion: I have bumpy skin on my arms and legs and I wanted to get rid of it because it looks so ugly and unhealthy. I like the fact that it leaves your skin supple for long hours, so my skin feels hydrated even in dry&hot weather or air-conditioned places. It doesn’t contain harsh chemicals like Mineral Oil [a substance formed from producing gasoline]. It also doesn’t hurt that it's fragrance-free, has Macadamia nut oil, Shea butter, Glycerin, and all that natural good stuff to make your skin soft and elastic! :)
4. Virgin Coconut Oil: I use this once a week for deep hair-conditioning. I even use this on my skin after going to the beach and when my skin starts to peel off. I also love using this oil for massages. Plus, it contains more than 8 fatty acids that helps you digest your food more, lose weight and avoid heart and pancreatic diseases. My great-grandmother used to cook food with it. No wonder she never got fat and lived up to 93 years old! :)
5. Tweezerman slant and pointed tweezer set: I love them because after I had my eyebrows shaped professionally, these served as good maintenance tools. I use the slant for the large strands while the pointed one is for plucking really fine hairs. These two beauties come hand-in-hand with my Clinique brow shaper. I believe that a good pair of defined brows makes a HUGE difference on your face. Unfortunately, this is a facial feature that’s usually overlooked especially when putting make-up on. But once you take notice of this, you’ll see that a nice arch gives an instant face lift! :)

***Actually, I have 2 favorite cheap items that I’d like to share:***

1. I swear by FRESH LEMON or CALAMANSI JUICE and SUGAR. I scrub it on my face, neck, back and chest twice a week to remove dead skin cells. These fruits are rich in Alpha Hydroxy Acids and Beta Hydroxy Acids-- good vitamin for your skin! Very cheap too!

2. FOODS that are good for your skin and body: 3 cups of Green tea per day to whittle your waist. Fish and soy foods: rich in Omega3’s and protein. Perfect for acne-prone, dry skin or sagging skin. Beauty also depends on what you eat ;) so go grab these at the supermarket! :D

***And the product that I impulsively splurge on:***

1. Self-tanners..Name it! Model and co., Guerlain, Clarins, and St. Tropez. They don't have sky-high prices like LaMer creams, I just think that they're just unnecessary [and sometimes unreasonably priced] with good bronzers around. But since I want to look more sultry and exotic [hehe], I go the extra mile. Cheaper ones look fake, it's the pricey ones that give you that perfect olive skin tone. They're so addictive!

***Fashion/beauty advice:***

When it comes to fashion, if the trend doesn’t look good on me, I don’t follow it. Always dress to make YOU look good, not the clothes, and never be afraid to flaunt your best features. Focus on one feature and play it up, it will give you a certain distinctiveness.

Lastly, remember that beauty has more than one aspect. It goes from…
1. Mastering how to enhance your appearance aesthetically [cosmetics]
To…
2. Taking care of your body, treating it like a sacred temple. So exercise, eat right and never forget to rest & de-stress. Make-up and fashion can only go so far.
More importantly…
3. Confidence. You know what they say that inner beauty radiates from within? SO TRUE. A right amount of self-esteem [not too much!] and a stable sense of self can go a long way. Confidence manifests through body language, your outlook in life, and how you relate to people. Without this, your efforts of looking good will be put to waste.
If you have these three, you’re good to go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment